Formulation and Application
Hypnosis suggestion is a two-step process. First comes formulation, then application. Both need to be done correctly in order to get the desired results.
This hypnosis suggestion download (mp3) consists of two 17-minute recordings in one zip file. (It is a rare computer that does not already have on it the software to open a zip file and turn it into an mp3 file.)
Part 1 hypnosis suggestion download is Dr. Henderson’s lecture on suggestion formulation. Part 2 is his lecture on suggestion application. (Both in mp3 format after unzipping.)
Suggestion Formulation and Application
This is a short course on how to make and use hypnotic suggestion. It is written in plain language that anyone can understand.
Anyone interested in using self-hypnosis needs to know how to formulate and apply suggestion. It is the main driving force behind self-generated change. Hypnosis is primarily a method of making the mind more receptive to suggestion. Without suggestion you are not likely to achieve your goals.
Correct, effective suggestion formulation and application is easy once you know and follow a few simple ground rules. Here are some of the things covered in this material:
- How the subconscious functions differently from the conscious part of the mind.
- How to control unwanted suggestions, both internal and external. They are all around you so it is important to know how to recognize and reject unwanted ones.
- How to avoid the “appeal to magic” that you may not even know you are making.
- How to use both language (composed of words) and image (mentally visualized pictures) suggestions.
- The nine rules of suggestion application.
Most people are surprised to learn that suggestion plays such an important role in hypnosis, and how important it is to formulate and use it properly. Here are some more of the kinds of things you will learn:
- The dangers of imprecise formulation and the literalness of the subconscious mind.
- Clichés and the problems they present.
- The screwy logic of organ language.
- The role of subconscious resistance.
- How to make suggestions that fall within your latitude of acceptance.
- Subconscious verification and validation of suggestions.
By the way, all of this information on suggestion can be found in these books. (The coverage of these subjects is especially comprehensive in Self Hypnosis for the Life You Want). So if you have one of these books, or you plan to get one, you don’t need this material unless you just like the idea of hearing it rather than reading it.
Suggestions are the instructions you give your subconscious mind to be able to do what you want to do, or stop doing what you don’t want to do. Suggestions are not that hard to get right if you know the basics.
The rules for good hypnosis suggestion are relatively simple but not intuitively obvious. Common sense is not your friend when it comes to dealing with the subconscious mind. The absurd (by conscious standards) logic of the subconscious renders common sense useless. That is especially true for hypnosis suggestion formulation, perhaps a little less so for suggestion application.
Take this opportunity now to learn how to influence and change the important dynamics of your subconscious mind. If you know how to formulate hypnosis suggestions, and then how to apply them, you have the key to making yourself awesome.
How to download...
Not sure how to download? There’s not much to it, really. Your computer (pad, phone, what have you) will do most of the work.
1) Click on the ADD TO CART button.
2) Complete the payment information and finalize your purchase.
3) Give your approval to download with a click of your mouse.
4) Wait while the mp3 file automatically downloads to your device. Note the file name and directory of the download. (You can always find it with “show downloads” in your browser’s menu.)
Go to the downloaded file and double click on it to begin playing.
Almost all equipment now comes with software that will play mp3 files. It is now on your device and you can listen to it whenever and as often as you like.
The recorded voice on this download is Dr. Charles E. Henderson. He is a noted psychologist and an internationally recognized authority on the formulation and application of hypnosis suggestion. Especially as it is applied to the clinical and practical applications of hypnosis.
You can listen to a sample of Dr. Henderson’s voice.